Share/Bookmark

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Is Facebook Shutting Down










No this is an Internet Rumor.
Facebook just secured $500 million in new financing and is on pace for a public offering this year. While I can not confirm any true source for who may have started the rumor I was able to find the following quote on xfunmaza.com

“Facebook has gotten out of control,” said Zuckerberg in a press conference outside his Palo Alto office, “and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”

“After March 15th the whole website shuts down,” said Avrat Humarthi, Vice President of Technical Affairs at Facebook. “So if you ever want to see your pictures again, I recommend you take them off the internet. You won’t be able to get them back once Facebook goes out of business.”

Facebook has become a titan on the internet. While not the money generating giant that Google has become, it does touch more peoples lives than any other single website [based on average time spent.] Thus personal production within the work space has been affected by Facebook and the apps that are attached to it. For example it is reported that there are 18 million people on Farmville and the average person spends 17 minutes per day playing. Hmm personal time or company time?

Again this is just a rumor.
Facebook Shutting Down: Hoax of Grandeur & Moronic Proportions
Sometimes I get a kick out of the odd hoaxes floating around the net. And, at times, I shake my head and think to myself: How unbelievably stupid can one be.

Tonight, while looking at trending topics on social channels, I noticed people talking about Facebook shutting down. Some websites are going as far as quoting Mark Zuckerberg, though I truly believe the quotes are fabrications. Actually, I’m positive.

Ladies and gentleman, Facebook was recently crowned the most visited website in 2010, and was valued at $50-billion by Goldman Sachs. Do you really think it’s shutting down? Cummon’ now.

Alright, no more ranting and back to work.
Aaron Schoenberger is Founder of The Brainchild Group — an innovative online advertising agency that specializes in Social Media Marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO). He’s known for his work with celebrity clients, top restaurants, automotive manufacturers, professional athletes and Fortune 500 companies.

Share