Share/Bookmark

Thursday, February 25, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Episode 15


The first results show is under way. Four people are leaving tonight — two guys and two girls. After the first round of performances, I won’t be shocked. I don’t think anyone was particularly spectacular. In fact, I’ve been quite disappointed.
I’ll be blogging during the show tonight. Right off the bat Simon said some of the performances weren’t very good. Ellen said she thought the contestants would be nervous, but they need to step it up. Randy said the first week in front of the cameras on stage alone is tough.

Group performance time.
Siobhan Magnus, Haeley Vaughn, Michelle Delamor, Katelyn Epperly are safe.
Katie Stevens and Janell Wheeler are left on stage. Janell is going home. (Watch her performance.) Katie is safe.
Now Allison Iraheta, a contestant last year, is performing. She’s still got crazy hair, but I do think her voice has matured.
Paige Miles, Lacey Brown, Lilly Scott, Crystal Bowersox (my favorite so far) are safe.
Ashley Rodriguez and Didi Benami are left. Didi is safe. Ashley is going home. (Watch her performance.) OK, I am a little surprised. During the auditions, Ashley was pegged as a front-runner.
Michael Lynche, John Park, Aaron Kelly, Todrick Hall are safe.
Tim Urban and Joe Munoz are left standing. Tim is safe. Joe is going home. (Watch his performance.) Between the two, I’m happy with the results. I was hoping Tim would get another chance to prove himself, even though he was pretty awful Wednesday night.
Last year’s winner Kris Allen is on the show talking about visiting Haiti. He’s performing the Beatles’ “Let It Be.” And he’s doing a great job.
Casey James (aka cute boy), Jermaine Sellers, Lee DeWyze, Andrew Garcia are safe.
Tyler Grady and Alex Lambert are left. Alex is staying. Tyler is going home. (Watch his performance.) I know I said I wouldn’t be surprised, but I am. His performance was a little cheesy, but it wasn’t bad. Still, he was just critical of the judges. Not very classy.
Do you agree with the results?

Share