Share/Bookmark

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Watch Deadly Honeymoon Movie Trailer











"I think she's a little bit of both and that's what I tried to focus on," Glau tells Zap2it. "She's a mystery and that's how I tried to portray it."
Despite the extreme circumstances, "Deadly Honeymoon" is a bit of a departure for Glau who is more known for her work on such genre shows as "Firefly," "The 4400," "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and "Dollhouse" in that she's playing someone in the "real" world. But the actress definitely sees a commonality between all her roles: they're not pushovers.
"I think girls deserve more credit than they get. I think most girls are smarter than what meets the eye and are capable of a lot more than maybe people think at first," she says. "I feel that way too and like when I get pushed. I didn't want [Lindsey] to come off as one-dimensional. I didn't want her to come off as a spoiled princess who didn't get her way. I wanted it to be something more complicated."
Often dismissed, Lifetime's original movies continue to draw not only audiences but well-known names like Glau, Andie MacDowell, Heather Locklear, Sigourney Weaver, Kristin Chenoweth, LeAnn Rimes, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Cybill Shepherd as stars.
"For me, since I was a little girl, it was just a way to escape and dive into a different world and really inspired me to want to be an actress," says Glau. "I loved to turn them on on Saturday afternoons and watch them with my mother.
"I think they're a great opportunity -- especially for girls -- to get these big, dramatic roles ... so I couldn't resist."

"Deadly Honeymoon" premieres Sunday, April 25 at 8 p.m. on Lifetime Movie Network.

Share