Share/Bookmark

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pregnant Padma Lakshmi goes nude



Padma Lakshmi, the ‘Top Chef’ anchor and a stunning model, has on more than one occasion spoken frankly of how she loves being nude.

Now, the India-born beauty who is six months pregnant with a child whose father’s identity she refuses to disclose, poses naked for the cover of America’s Page Six magazine. On the cover, Padma is seen sitting in a somewhat fetal position with both her knees bent to cover frontal nudity and her baby bump.


“I like me better naked. I don't mean that in a vain way ... When you put clothes on, you immediately put a character on. Clothes are adjectives, they are indicators. When you don't have any clothes on, it's just you, raw, and you can't hide,” Padma tells the magazine.



The 39-year-old model also spoke about having gained weight during her pregnancy.

“One of the reasons I think I've gained weight pretty quickly during my pregnancy is that I'm not exercising as much as I do normally... I can't. I'm feeling tired, and I have this business to run,” said the former wife of Booker winning author Salman Rushdie.

Besides taking care of her unborn baby, due in spring, Padma is focused on the launch of her new business ventures which include a jewellery line at New York department store Bergdorf Goodman and the American 24-hour shopping channel, Home Shopping Network.

Share