Share/Bookmark

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Jake Pavelka Proposes On Final ‘Bachelor’ Episode

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

“Bachelor” Jake Pavelka has made his pick.

It took just a few words for the reality romance seeker to let Vienna know she was his choice.

“Vienna, I love you,” he said as the blonde leaned in and kissed him during the final rose ceremony for the ABC reality show’s current season, “The Bachelor: On The Wings Of Love.”Jake then got down on one knee.


“Vienna, I love you with everything I am… Vienna, will you marry me?” Jake asked a delighted Vienna who said accepted the proposal.

But while it was joy for Vienna, Tenley left the show crushed after Jake told her there was something missing in their relationship.

“I do love you and you’re just perfect,” he said. “I don’t know what it is, something just doesn’t feel right. I don’t know why.”

After letting Tenley down, Jake tried to further explain on their way out what went wrong.

“Tenley, there’s some part of me that is not coming naturally. I feel like I push a little with you,” he said.

“You shouldn’t have to do that,” Tenley replied. “I don’t wanna be that person who held you back.”

But on the car ride home, Tenley suggested Jake chose the wrong woman.

“My heart feels broken right now. Hurts pretty bad,” she said, wiping away tears. “I want a man who can love me for every piece of me and who just lights up my life and I light up his. And I see Jake. Jake will see the mistake he made and I feel bad for him. I think he’s gonna see it, I think. I don’t think he knows what he wants.”

And later, after the final episode, Jake tried to explain to a still-heartbroken Tenley on Monday’s “The Bachelor: After The Final Rose” show why he picked Vienna.

“It was just that magical spark that I can’t explain. Vienna and I had that spark that you and I didn’t,” Jake said. “I never thought that your heart could be in love with more than one person at a time. And having to close the door on that — my heart still hurts for you.

“You’re just the most precious thing in the world and I will always love you no matter what… and you absolutely, hands down have a life friend,” he added as Tenley wiped away a tear and hugged Jake. “This is not goodbye.”

In related news, during “The Bachelor: After The Final Rose,” Ali Fedotowsky was confirmed as the new “Bachelorette.”

“I’m so excited. I’m so thrilled and honored and grateful. I just can’t believe it,” Ali told show host, Chris Harrison. “I’m not gonna let my fear dictate my life anymore. And I just need to go for it and I want to find someone.

“I want to be in love,” she continued. “I want to get married and have kids and all of that and this is my chance, so I’m not gonna make the same mistake I made last time, I’m going for it.”

When asked what she is looking for in a man, Ali said humor is very important.

Share