Share/Bookmark

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nicki Minaj's 'Your Love' (VIDEO)


My love for Nicki Minaj runs deeper than metaphors and similes can even describe. It's the purest hip-hop admiration I have had since my mid-90's Lil' Kim infatuation -- and that was massive.

Sitting at the #1 spot on the Billboard Rap charts, Nicki's latest single "Your Love" is the downright business! While the actual track samples Annie Lennox's "No More I Love You's," the recently released -- and Hype Williams directed -- video pulls from inspiration like Lucy Liu's "Kill Bill" character and features a cameo from the smoking hot Michael Jai White.

While her last solo-single "Massive Attack" was a major fish out of water (read: flop) her cameos on Christina Aguilera's "Woo Hoo" and M.I.A's "TeqKilla" have put Nicki back in our good graces. A new music video finally brings her into the center stage all by her lonesome, where she deserves to be.

The track is the second from her yet to be released, or titled for that matter, album said to drop November 23 of this year. M.I.A. said it best when she bluntly yapped, "Nicki Minaj runs hip-hop" ... indeed M.I.A. ... indizzledeed. Check out Nicki new video "Your Love" below.

Share