Share/Bookmark

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Academy of Country Music Awards 2010: Luke Bryan receives Top New Artist honor

Academy of Country Music Awards 2010: Luke Bryan receives Top New Artist honor
Luke Bryan, a pride of southwest Georgia, won one of the most coveted and important awards any country musician would want in his entire music career, the Top New Artist honor at the 2010 ACM Awards.Bryan, who is from Leesburg, was up against Gloriana (who was declared as this year’s Top New Vocal Group) and Joey+Rory (who took home the Best Duo trophy).
He thanked his family, fans, and hometown in his acceptance speech. “Thank you fans! It’s impossible for a human to shake more than I am right now. Thank you God for making this happen for me. Thank you to my beautiful wife, Caroline. I love you … This means the world to me. I want to thank my family, my mama and my daddy. My hometown, Leesburg, Ga. I love you. I want to thank my brother up in Heaven.”
“Doin’ My Thing” is Bryan’s latest release which debuted at the number one spot on Billboard’s Country Album chart.

Share